We all know that IMAP is the best option when you have to download your emails for any email client. If any user has to access AOL Mail and work with any compatible email client, then IMAP is very much required. Firstly, you need to mention some specific details about your AOL Mail account and then work upon the IMAP server settings. You can access all your messages with the AOL Mail IMAP server. Thus, it is very important to have a proper AOL Email setting on your device to retrieve the notifications.
Why IMAP server settings is Required for AOL Mail?
AOL Mail settings for iPhone or Android devices suggest using IMAP over POP3 and SMTP protocols. Although both, POP and SMTP protocols are supported by AOL. But there are some features that make IMAP best than both other protocols.
For example, IMAP automatically syncs the particular service with your AOL Mail Login account. Thus, whenever you perform any action on an email service or app, it will appear in the AOL Mail interface at the AOL dashboard. But POP does not do so. Apart from this, POP automatically makes a copy of the email.
What are the AOL Mail IMAP Settings?
At the time when you configure AOL mail settings for Android or iOS devices, it is important to check whether the mails are properly coming to your inbox. You need to enter specific details at its official website, i.e., www.aol.com or its mobile application to set the AOL email providers to various other email providers. This basically helps other providers to use your AOL Mail. Given-below is some common AOL Mail account settings related to IMAP protocol that you need to configure to receive AOL Mail:
- AOL Mail IMAP server address: imap.aol.com
- AOL Mail IMAP username: AOL Mail email address
- AOL Mail IMAP password: AOL Mail password
- AOL Mail IMAP port: 993
- AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: Yes
Some Features Unavailable on other Mail Applications
There are some features that make AOL mail display settings best in comparison to other apps. Here are some such features of AOL email settings:
- Message status: It makes you easily identify unread messages as well as checking the status of sent messages. But other mail service providers don’t allow that.
- Spam: You cannot use the Report button. Whereas, AOL Mails provides you access to report spam messages for any harmful email receiving on your account.
- Delete Mail: The email settings actually vary as per different email applications. Some allow you to check the emails deleted from your account and some do not show any such information.
How do I Add AOL IMAP Email Account in Outlook For Windows 10?
You can follow the steps given below to configure your Outlook account on AOL mail settings for Windows 10 system:
- First of all, open the Outlook email client and click the File menu. Then, select the Add Account option to set up your AOL email account.
- Enter your email address in the required field and click the Connect button. Then, you need to enter your AOL email password when prompted to add an AOL IMAP email account in the outlook application.
- You can also manually add the account by entering the IMAP and SMTP server settings, then click the Advanced options link followed by a click on the checkbox next to the “Let me set up my account manually” option.
- Now, click the Connect button and select IMAP in the account type window.
- Then, click on the Next button and enter your AOL email password and tap Connect.
- When your account setup is properly completed, click on the OK button.
The above steps will help you to configure your AOL mail IMAP settings in the Outlook email client.
How do I Fix AOL IMAP settings not Working?
Apply following methods to fix AOL IMAP settings not working issues that most of the users have complaint about:
- Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall AOL Account
- Method 2: Check whether you are entering correct AOL login details
- Method 3: Turn off all the security programs installed on your system
- Method 4: Turn Airplane Mode on and off
- Method 5: Manually Configuring the IMAP Connection can fix your problem
Summing Up Our Blog
Hope, this informative blog might help you to fix any problem with imap.aol.com. Our promising solutions will definitely help you to configure AOL Mail IMAP settings and fix this problem quickly on a wide range of devices.