Being one of the most popular email clients, Microsoft Outlook offers several amazing features to its users. Outlook is the best platform for all organizations to conduct smooth internal and external communication. The advanced features of this platform help its users to manage their email tasks flawlessly.
Sometimes you may face an Outlook Disconnected from Server Issue in your account. Just like any other problem, this issue has its solution. There are several methods that you can try to fix the Outlook Disconnected Issue. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some common causes and troubleshooting methods to fix your issue.
Why is Outlook Disconnected from Exchange Server?
There are numerous possible reasons why you can come across an Outlook Disconnected Issue. Some of them are given below:
- Your Outlook client might be working in offline mode, and thus can’t connect to the mail server.
- If your Outlook client is online, there may be some unknown factors that make it disconnected from the server.
- The Work Offline mode is enabled on your Outlook account.
- Corrupt or damaged MS Office installation is also the main cause of Outlook not connecting to the server.
- Your computer/laptop may be in an error state.
- You might be using an outdated version of the Outlook application.
- Poor internet connection.
Outlook Disconnected? How to Reconnect?
If you are getting a message stating ‘Outlook is Disconnected’, you will be unable to send or receive emails. In this section, you will learn some quick methods to fix Outlook disconnected issues on PC and Laptop. Follow the below-given instructed methods one-after-another until the error message gets disappears from your device.
Method 01: Restart Your Device
Usually, the ‘Outlook Disconnected’ error occurs when you compose or send/receive any mail to or from email clients. Before implementing any technical method to fix the issue, try to restart your computer or laptop.
Once your system and network are completely restarted, it boots up and then launches the Outlook app. Outlook will then start in a normal way and you can avail its services without any interruption. Go through the following steps to power cycle the Windows PC or laptop:
- First of all, turn off your computer and router.
- Gently remove the main power supply and hold the Power button for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, wait for about 5-8 minutes before connecting your device to the power supply back.
- After that, power on your devices and connect them to the network.
After completing the above steps, check if the Outlook Disconnected Issue has been resolved. If not, move to the next method.
Method 02: Check Your Internet Connection
Poor or unstable internet connection To access Outlook without any disruption, a high-speed internet connection is required. If there is a bad network connection, then you won’t be able to connect to Outlook and even also can’t work on it.
In case of a poor internet connection, check the following tips to ensure that Outlook is working well.
- Use another device and connect it with the same network.
- Access your Outlook account in any other web browser.
- If you are accessing the Outlook account via the public internet, then switch to a private network otherwise the Outlook disconnected issue may occur. Always make sure that you are using a secure and high-speed source of the internet.
If the Outlook disconnected office 365 issue persists even after a stable internet connection, continue using the next troubleshooting guide.
Method 03: Ping the Server
Even after connecting to a high internet connection source, if you are facing the Outlook 365 Disconnected error, then you should ping the server. Ping is a utility or a command that helps you to ensure whether the problem is with the server/host or not. Given below are some quick steps that you have to go through to use this method:
- Firstly, click on the “Start” button and then open the Run utility on your PC.
- Now, type CMD in the Run dialog box and press the OK button to open the Command Prompt window.
- Type the following command: “Ping followed by the Exchange Server name” in the command prompt window. Press the “Enter” key.
- The ‘ping’ utility will then take some time and display the final results as Responses on your screen.
- If the “Request timed out” message appears on the screen, it means that the problem is with network connectivity or the Exchange server.
- To fix such server issues, you need to contact the server team.
- If the responses appear as “Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0″, then there is no issue with the server or network connectivity. In such cases, you can skip the step of checking LAN cable, network connectivity, etc.
The above solutions are enough to fix the Outlook disconnected from server issue. But if you still facing this issue and need more help, don’t panic! The professional Outlook Technical Support team is always available to help you out. Connect with us to get the Outlook Disconnected problem solved in no time.