You must be using Gmail for managing your emails. If you have an account on both, Outlook and Gmail, there is no better option than to sync both. It is very easy to sync Gmail with Outlook, but sometimes you may face difficulties while syncing both Gmail and outlook accounts. If you are facing the Gmail not syncing with Outlook issue, it is important to find the exact cause and proper methods to complete the synchronization. Here, in this article, we have mentioned proper methods that you can apply to sync your Gmail account with Outlook.
Why is Outlook not Syncing with Gmail?
There are several reasons why you may experience the Gmail app not syncing with Outlook issue. Some of these include:
- Your device might have an outdated version of the Gmail application.
- You have turned off the sync settings in the Gmail app.
- Sometimes, internet connection issues are also responsible for the Gmail app not syncing issue.
- Lack of storage space on your device is also the leading cause of Gmail not synchronizing.
- There may be some problems during data transfer. Transfer errors mainly occur because of sudden glitches in network connectivity. There may be some sort of timeouts during receiving or sending huge data pieces and thus result in Gmail not syncing on iPhone or Android devices.
Gmail App is Not Syncing on Android? Try These Quick Fixes!
If you are facing problems while syncing the Gmail app to Outlook on Android devices, try the methods mentioned in this section to resolve the issue. From updating the Gmail app to checking your Gmail sync settings, following methods will definitely help you to fix issues, like Gmail calendar not syncing with iPhone and other synchronization issues.
Method 01: Update Your Gmail App
If the Gmail app installed on your device is outdated, you can face issues while syncing your emails. In such cases, you can resolve the issue by updating the app:
- Launch the Play Store on your Android device.
- Click the search bar located at the top and search for Gmail.
- Select ‘Gmail’. Locate and click the ‘Update‘ button to get the updated version.
Method 02: Check the Sync Settings of Gmail
Whenever you find Gmail not syncing on Android devices, check the sync settings in the Gmail app. You might have turned off the Gmail sync settings on your device. In such cases, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to turn ON the sync settings on your Android device:
- Open the Gmail app and click the ‘Hide menu‘ button.
- Click ‘Settings‘ and choose your account.
- Scroll down and check if the ‘Sync Gmail’ setting is enabled.
Method 03: Inspect the Account Sync Settings
If the automatic synchronization setting for Gmail is disabled, you may experience Outlook not syncing with the Gmail issue until you manually refresh the app. You need to check account sync settings after enabling the ‘Sync Gmail’ option in your Gmail app. For this:
- Open the ‘Settings‘ app and select ‘Accounts.’
- Scroll down and make sure that the ‘Auto-Sync Personal Data’ option is turned ON.
- Now, from the list, select your Gmail account.
- Click ‘Account Sync’ and enable Gmail.
- At last, click the 3-dot button and select ‘Sync Now.’
How to Fix Gmail not Syncing on iPhone Issue?
If you are getting the Gmail not syncing on the iPhone issue, try the following methods to resolve it.
Method 01: Ensure Your Device is Connected to the Internet
If your device is not connected to the Internet, you will be unable to send and receive emails on your iPhone. If you aren’t online, you need to connect your device to the internet. Make sure the signal strength is strong and also ensure your iPhone is not in aeroplane mode.
Method 02: Check that IMAP is Enabled in the Mail Settings
Gmail uses an IMAP server to transfer emails on iPhone devices. If the IMAP setting is not enabled on your iPhone by default, then you may experience iPhone Gmail not syncing issue on your iPhone. So if it is disabled, enable it from the settings of your Gmail app.
Method 03: Check Your Gmail App is Updated
If still you are facing Outlook cannot connect to Gmail keeps asking for password issue, it is important to check whether the Gmail app installed on your device is updated. The old version of the Gmail app may not synchronize, thus causing problems. Moreover, you have to keep updating the app from the Apple store on regular basis. Just check if there is an updated version available. If yes, install it.
Hope, the above-mentioned methods help you to fix the Gmail not syncing issue on your device. If Gmail still refuses to sync, you can contact the professional Gmail customer service team. The support team is available all day and night to resolve all technical glitches.