Microsoft Outlook offers multiple features to its users. You can even access the Microsoft Exchange Server email using the Microsoft Outlook account. Many popular companies across the globe use Microsoft Outlook account to connect with others and to share all their information. You and your company can also easily integrate Outlook with Microsoft’s share point platform to share important documents, notes, other information with colleagues, and much more.
But there are some instances when you might have to re-configure Outlook mail settings or change/reset your Outlook account password on Windows 10 PC. Though it is very easy to change your password. But, not everyone is an expert in changing your account’s passwords, as there are certain steps that you need to follow while changing it. Here, in this blog post, we have mentioned different ways to change MS Outlook passwords and to use the email client with ease.
How Can I Reset Outlook Password?
Being a part of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook offers amazing features and options as an individual application. You need to set a password to access your Outlook application. If you want, you can reset outlook password as per your requirements. You can follow the below-given steps to reset your Outlook mail login password:
- First of all, open your Outlook account and click on the “File” option.
- Then, click on “Account Settings” to proceed further. (In case if you are using Outlook 2007, you have to “File” menu and then “Data File Management”.)
- Click on the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” available on the Data Files option, to change the password, and then again click on “Settings”.
- Tap the “Change Password” button. This option will not appear if you are using an Offline Outlook Data File (.ost).
- In the “Change Password” dialog box, type in your current password in the old password box. If you are not using any password currently to log in, leave the space blank.
- Next, you need to enter the new password in the New password field and then re-enter it for verification.
- At last, click the “OK” button to set the password.
Some Other Alternative to Change Outlook Password
Use Stellar Password Recovery
Just like other notable communication programs, Microsoft Outlook offers multiple options for recovering the forgotten passwords. Along with its resetting page, i.e., https://account.live.com/password/reset, you can use Stellar Password Recovery to change your password manually. All you have to do is:
- Go to the Reset your password page and select the appropriate reason from the list of reasons and click the “Next” button.
- Enter your recovery email address in the provided box. Usually, it is the email address that you have used during registration.
- Also, fill in the verification characters and click on the Next button.
- After this, a verification code will be received on your registered email address or phone number.
- Enter the verification code in the appropriate box and press Enter key.
- At last, reset and generate a new password for your account.
Use Kernel Outlook Password Recovery
Mainly the Kernel Outlook Password Recovery will help you to recover Outlook PST file passwords. For Outlook password recovery using this method, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, purchase the Kernel Outlook Password Recovery tool. It is also available as the free trial version on various browsers.
- All you have to do is download and install the program on your computer and then open it.
- Import the passworded Outlook program or document that you want to recover.
- You need to select one of the following three available options for your password recovery: Recover, remove, set a new password.
- At last, open your Outlook account and access your email messages.
Hope, this article might have helped you to change the passwords in Outlook. These are some quick steps that you can follow to set a new password on your account. Hence, if you experience problem in any one account, you can try other alternatives, like Kernel Outlook Password Recovery to fix your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Login Microsoft outlook password on android?
Open the Outlook app and click on the Sign In option located at the bottom of the screen. Then, enter your login credentials along with the updated password and click on the Sign In button. You’re done!
How do I change password on outlook iPhone?
- At first, you need to go to Settings and go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Then, select the account for which you want to change Outlook Password.
- Select the email account and enter your new password twice.
- At last, press the Done button.
How do you unlock Outlook account password?
To unlock your Outlook account, go to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx and enter the email address of your blocked account and enter the characters you see on your screen and select Next.