If you’re using an iPhone, then it is very easy to access your emails on it. While iOS integrates and offers automatic updates for various popular email service providers like Gmail and Microsoft Outlook, to send or receive mails using a custom email address. You have to manually set up an email account on iPhone 6, 7, 11, and 12. Here, in this article, we have mentioned proper methods to set up email on iPhone.
How do I Setup Email Account on iPhone?
In this section, we have mentioned how to add your email account to the Mail app on your iPhone with iOS 6, 7, 11, and 12. All you have to do is:
Finding Your Email Settings
First of all, navigate to the Panel dashboard to check all the details related to your email account. Then, go to the Emails section and tap the Email Accounts button. From the Email details section, copy all your account details, as it will be required later.
Adding a New Email Account
Once you are done with the above step, follow the step given below to add a new email account to your iPhone:
- Firstly, go to the Settings -> Passwords & Accounts.
- Then, click on the Add Account button.
- Now, a few mail provider options will appear on the screen. Click on the Other button to add a custom email address.
- Then, tap the Add Mail Account button.
Setting Up the Email
Now it’s time to use all the information you’ve copied previously from your CPanel to complete the email setup process. For this,
- A window asking for all the details related to New Account will appear. All you have to do is enter all the details properly and make sure you don’t have entered any wrong information.
- You have to enter the following detail:
- Name – Enter your full name that will also appear as the sender’s name
- Email – Here, you need to enter your complete email address
- Password – The password that you will require to login to the registered email address
- Description – This information is only visible to you, so you can provide here anything you want
- After entering all the details, click on the Next button.
- Here, two options – IMAP and POP, will appear on the screen. After choosing the appropriate protocol, enter your email server settings for both Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server.
- For Outgoing mail server, you need to provide the following details:
- Host Name – Enter your IMAP Host (incoming) and SMTP Host (outgoing)
- User Name – You need to enter the email that you have entered previously
- Password – The password should be the same as before
- Once done, click on the Next button and then Save.
- Then, go through Settings -> Passwords & Accounts. Then, the name of the account that you’ve just created will appear on the screen.
- If you go to your Mail app of your iPhone, you should see your newly added account among all other mailboxes, as well.
How to Setup Godaddy Mail on an iPhone?
GoDaddy hosting accounts offer various featured email services that allow users to create customized email accounts using your own domain name. Follow the steps given below to set up Godaddy email on iPhone:
- Open the “Settings” open by clicking on the “Settings” icon on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option and then tap “Add Account.”
- Then, click on the “Other” option and then tap “Add Mail Account.”
- Enter your name, GoDaddy email address and password, and an optional title for the email account. After, entering all the details click on the “Next” button.
- Select the “POP” tab and enter “pop.secureserver.net” and “smtpout.secureserver.net” as the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server, respectively. Enter your username and password, and then click on the “Save” button.
Well done! The above steps will help you to know how to add an email to your iPhone. Though it is an easy process but you need to follow these steps carefully. If all of the information you’ve entered was correct, you will start receiving emails on your iOS device. If you still have any problem, kindly check all the entered information again. If anything is found wrong or improper, kindly check it or contact customer support for help.