Being one of the best email clients in the market, CenturyLink offers several benefits to its users. In this article, we will help you in managing proper CenturyLink email settings that you might need to troubleshoot any CenturyLink email login issue. You can also check the perfect CenturyLink email server settings as per your device type and email clients from this article.
Setup Your Centurylink.net Account for Incoming and Outgoing Emails
Check the detailed CenturyLink email server settings – SMTP, IMAP, POP3 as per your devices and email clients to open https://centurylink.net/ from below:
IMAP and POP3 Settings For Incoming CenturyLink Server
IMAP and POP3 Settings For Outgoing CenturyLink Server
CenturyLink.Net Email Server Settings For Outlook
If you want to set up CenturyLink email account on Outlook, then let us tell you it is not so simple as it sounds. In this section, we have introduced the detailed procedure to set up CenturyLink email settings for Outlook. All you have to do is apply the steps given below in order to avoid CenturyLink email not working issue with your Outlook account:
- First of all, open Outlook and go to ‘File’ and click ‘Info’
- Now, select ‘Account Settings’ and select the same again from the dialog box that opens up.
- Then, click on New button.
- Now you have to choose ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ button.
- Click on next button, select ‘POP or IMAP’ and then again click the Next button.
- Enter your full name and email address in the required field. Select POP3 from the Drop-Down menu.
- Check whether your ‘Incoming Mail Server’ and ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ field is showing pop.centurylink.net and Smtp.centurylink.net respectively.
- In the Username and password field, enter your full email address and email password.
- After entering all the required details, click on more settings button.
- And ensure that SMTP requires authentication otherwise the set up won’t work on your account.
- Now click on Advanced button and check whether the incoming server is showing 995.
- Also make sure that the Encrypted connection box is checked
- Check whether the Outgoing server is displaying 587.
Once you are done with the above steps, click on OK button and click the Finish button. Then, visit https://eam.centurylink.com/eam/login.do to check whether you can access the My CenturyLink sign-in page.
CenturyLink.Net Email Settings For iPhone & Android Device
It is quite straightforward to set up a CenturyLink.net account on iPhone and iPad. Here, we have provided you step by step guide on how to set up CenturyLink email on iPad & iPhone. To access your CenturyLink email on the iOS devices, all you have to do is:
- Go to Settings Now scroll down to the bottom and choose Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. Click on Add Mail Account and enter the following:
- Click on Add Mail Account and enter the following:-
- The Hostname should be pop.centurylink.net
- The username should be the email id. The password will be of your email id.
- Scroll down till you find the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ option. Here, you need to enter the following information:
- Enter pop.centurylink.net in the hostname
- The email should be used as the username
- Use your email id password as the password.
- Once done, click on Save button and select your new email ID from the next screen
- Tap the Main Server and select pop.centurylink.net
- Ensure that the ‘SSL’ is reflecting None and the server port number is 143.
- Click on the Done button and then click on Advanced button.
- Here, you should find ‘SSL: SSL and the server port is showing pop.centurylink.net
After completing the above steps, click on the Finish button and then restart your phone. You can follow the same steps to set up your CenturyLink account on Android device.
The above-mentioned CenturyLink email server settings will help you to set up the account on your android and iOS device. Without having a proper setting, you may be unable to send/receive emails through your CenturyLink account. You can also find the one-stop guide for AOL email settings to follow in the process for proper account setup.